If you wish to hard reset the Sony Xperia SX SO-05D then you will be pleased to note that it is done in the same way as the Sony Xperia E1 and the Sony Xperia Z3 Plus mobile phones. The hard reset of factory reset of the mobile phone is the same for all the Xperia range of mobile phones from Sony.
There are a number of options to reset the Sony Xperia SX SO-05D phone. This can be done via its menu, via code or by software. The reset process is the same for all Xperia mobile phones. Note that once you delete the content of the phone the settings will also be removed. Settings such as wallpaper, APN settings as well as all other email settings and passwords. This cannot be recovered. You will need to download the Xperia Companion on this website to backup your software and it also has an option to permanently delete all the data on the phones.
Hard Reset will erase all of your data
All described operations you are doing at your own risk.
Hard Reset Sony Xperia SX SO-05D
- Make sure that the battery is fully charged
- Backup all your important data and settings
- Power Off Your Sony Xperia SX SO-05D
- Press And Hold Volume up Key + Power Key for few seconds
- Release all keys when you see Service menu on screen
- Select Factory Reset using volume buttons
- Press Power key to confirm
- The phone will now hard reset
Hard Reset Sony Xperia SX SO-05D with Menu
- Turn on your Sony Xperia SX SO-05D;
- Make sure Sony Xperia SX SO-05D battery is full;
- Go to menu: Setting > Backup and reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device
- Choose Erase Everything
- Sony Xperia SX SO-05D will reset to the factory default.
Hard Reset Sony Xperia SX SO-05D by Code
- Make sure the battery fully charged
- Backup all your important data with Xperia Companion;
- Power on Your Sony Xperia SX SO-05D
- On dialer enter this code: *#*#7378423#*#*
- On the screen Select -> Customization Settings
- Then select -> Reset customization and confirm.
- Sony Xperia SX SO-05D will start the reset process.