If you are going to sell your mobile phone or Ipad you will need to do a factory reset in order to bring the phone or tablet back to when you had bought the device. Since the Apple products are linked to the iCloud service there is a process to do a reset of the phone or tablet so do not delete the address book and data as it might delete it from the iCloud and from any other devices.
Factory Reset of the Iphone and Ipad
Ensure that you have signed out of iCloud before you erase your device. This is a very important step when you start the factory reset option on the Apple products.
- You will need to unpair your devices such as Apple Watch before you start;
- Once done you will need to make a back up of your iOS device;
Settings > iCloud. Scroll down and click Sign Out;
In the iOS 7 or earlier, click Delete Account;
Sign Out again, then click Delete from My iPhone and password;
Sign out of the iTunes & App Store;
Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out;
Go back to Settings;
General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
If you turned on Find My iPhone, you might need to enter your Apple ID and password.
When asked for your Device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it and click Erase.
Important when selling your iPhone
- Sign into iCloud or the FindmyPhone app and find the device. Select the device and click on Erase and once this is done then click on the Remove from Account option.
- You can also change your Apple ID password so the new owner does not have access to the data.
- If you are now moving away from an Apple phone then you will need to deregister iMessage.
- Remove your credit card details from Apple Pay on iCloud. Look at Settings to see which of the devices are using it (device next to Apple Pay), click on the device and click Remove.
You will now have to contact your mobile phone provider for assistance in transferring services to the new owner. Should you not be using a SIM card with your Iphone, you will need to contact your service provider to help transferring service to the new mobile phone owner.
When you start the process of erasing your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Find My iPhone the Activation Lock i turned off. Signout from iCloud so your content won’t be deleted from iCloud when you erase your device. You can also see the Iphone 5S user manual, Iphone 4S user manual as well as the Iphone 5c Manual as well as a Iphone 6 and Iphone 3 user manuals for more assistance.
Incoming search terms:
- lg h815 hard reset
- range mobile resat
- how to reset range mobile phone
- rangs j55 model mobile restor manual format
- range mobile hard resea
- Nokia rm1110 master reset ussd
- Nokia mobile 2690 phone resetting jumper settings
- factory mobile ipad
- how to restore rangs mobile
- how to reset Jan mobile
- how to reset a p8lite 2017
- how to hard reset range mobiles
- rangs mobile hard reset