This will show how to factory reset Iphone and Ipad. The factory reset iphone 5c. If you are going to sell your mobile phone or Ipad you will need to do a factory reset in order to bring the phone or tablet back to when you had bought the device. Since the Apple products are linked to the iCloud service there is a process to do a reset of the phone or tablet so do not delete the address book and data as it might delete it from the iCloud and from any other devices.
Factory Reset of the Iphone and Ipad
Ensure that you have signed out of iCloud before you erase your device. This is a very important step when you start the factory reset option on the Apple products.
- You will need to unpair your devices such as Apple Watch before you start;
- Once done you will need to make a back up of your iOS device;
Settings > iCloud. Scroll down and click Sign Out;
In the iOS 7 or earlier, click Delete Account;
Sign Out again, then click Delete from My iPhone and password;
Sign out of the iTunes & App Store;
Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out;
Go back to Settings;
General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
When asked for your Device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it and click Erase.
Important when selling your iPhone
- Sign into iCloud or the FindmyPhone app and find the device. Select the device and click on Erase and once this is done then click on the Remove from Account option.
- You can also change your Apple ID password so the new owner does not have access to the data.
- If you are now moving away from an Apple phone then you will need to deregister iMessage.
- Remove your credit card details from Apple Pay on iCloud. Look at Settings to see which of the devices are using it (device next to Apple Pay), click on the device and click Remove.
You will now have to contact your mobile phone provider for assistance in transferring services to the new owner. Should you not be using a SIM card with your Iphone, you will need to contact your service provider to help transferring service to the new mobile phone owner. See also more information on the iPhone 4 manual on this large website. See the factory reset iphone 5c above.
When you start the process of erasing your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Find My iPhone the Activation Lock i turned off. Signout from iCloud so your content won’t be deleted from iCloud when you erase your device. You can also see the Iphone 5S user manual, Iphone 4S user manual as well as the Iphone 5c Manual as well as a Iphone 6 and Iphone 3 user manuals for more assistance.
The hard reset iPhone 5c or factory reset iphone 5c is explained and the Nokia e5 reset code and Nokia e5 hard reset is also here. You can also see the lg f470k hard reset and finally the LG G5 hard reset. The Idea SMS settings as well as the Mobitel balance check and the Hutch balance code with the Airtel balance check as well.