If you bought a new mobile phone and now wish to transfer you data and copy it from one mobile phone to another then this is how you will do it on your Samsung Galaxy A9. If you are going to use an SDCard then see the instruction on the Galaxy A9 SDCard setup on this website. You can also take a look at the user manual for this mobile phone.
Table of Contents
Transferring data from a mobile device (Smart Switch)
There are a number of ways to transfer your data from one mobile phone to another. The first is using Smart Switch if both your mobile phones are made by Samsung. This will be in your Galaxy Apps.
- Settings > Cloud and accounts → Smart Switch
- Place devices close to each other
- On the previous device, tap WIRELESS → SEND
- On the Galaxy A9 tap WIRELESS → RECEIVE
- Follow the on screen instructions.
Transferring data from a mobile device (SDCard)
The other option of transferring your data from one phone to the next is to make use of the SDCard which is a micro SDCard in the case of the Samsung Galaxy S9. See the post on formatting the micro SDCard on the Galaxy A9 also listed on this website.
- Transfer data from your mobile phone to your external storage.
- Remove the micro SDCard from the old phone and insert in the new phone
- Settings > Cloud and accounts → Smart Switch → EXTERNAL STORAGE → RESTORE
- Follow the on screen instructions
Transferring data from a mobile device (Computer)
Download Samsung Smart Switch and connect your home computer and your mobile phone visa USB and follow the instructions from there. This is easy enough to do if you are not very computer literate.
Transferring data from a mobile device (Samsung Cloud)
You will first need to register a Samsung Account and from there you will be able to complete the process. In essence you will transfer your data to the cloud and from there onto your new telephone. Most people dont do it this way and prefer the wifi to wifi or Bluetooth to Bluetooth transfers as internet bandwidth is not always good the world over. There are also always privacy concerns.
Settings > Cloud and accounts → Samsung Cloud > Backup (Old)
Settings > Cloud and accounts → Samsung Cloud > Restore (New)