See the Virgin South Africa APN settings for your network. This network settings as for Windows, Android and iPhone Apple. These are similar to others. Outside of the Virgin APN settings in South Africa is much like the MTN APN settings as well as the Cell C APN Settings and the Afrihost APN settings as well. There are also a how to on this website which shows you in pictures how to do this.
Table of Contents
Virgin South Africa APN Settings
The network settings for the Virgin mobile phone network in South Africa is explained below. See the settings and how to add them to your mobile phone. This is for the Windows, Apple iPhone as well as the Android mobile devices.
iPhone APN Settings
- Go to Settings.
- Then Select General
- Then Select Network or Cellular
- Finally Select Cellular Data Network.
|Cellular Data Option||MMS Option|
Also MMS Proxy: <blank>
MMS Max Message Size: <blank>
MMS UA Prof URL: <blank>
Click on the network Tab to save the setting on your phone.
Android APN Settings
Firstly Press Main
- Then Select Settings
- Then Select Wireless and Networks
- After that Select Mobile Networks
- Then press Select Access point Names
- Then Delete all APN’s in this section.
- Again Press Menu
- Now Press New APN
- Finally Enter the follow settings one for General Data . The other for MMS
See all the settings for your Android phone as follows:
|Name: ZA – Virgin Web|
Also MMS Port:
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
Authentication Type: PAP
APN Type: default, suplPXT Messaging MMS:
Name: ZA – Virgin MMS
Also MMS Port:MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
Authentication Type: PAP
APN Type: mms
Windows APN Settings
First you will need to Click on the App list click Settings and then click on Cellular. Secondly you should delete any existing APN Settings.
- Press “Add Internet APN”
- Press APN and type in internet
- Then press Username and type in <blank>
- Press Password and type in <blank>
- Press Save
- Then Press “Add MMS APN”
- Press APN an type in <blank>
- Press Username and type in <blank>
- Then press Password and type in <blank>
- Press WAP gateway (URL) and type in
- Press WAP gateway port and type in
- Then press MMSC (URL) and type in <blank>
- Press MMSC Port and type in
- Press Max MMS Size and type in <blank>
- Then press IP Type and select: IPv4v6
- Finally press Save
You will note that this is different to the APN settings of Virgin Mobile Saudi Arabia APN Settings as well as the Virgin Mobile Australia APN Settings. There is also the Virgin Mobile UK APN Settings.