The MTN APN Settings or MTN network settings in South Africa has been added below. The MTN South Africa is similar to the Cell C network settings as well as the Afrihost network settings. The network settings for the South African networks are very similar. There is a difference between them and their foreign networks. You can search this website for other MTN settings and shortcuts. The APN settings are for a Windows , Android and Apple iPhone.
MTN APN Settings
Below are the network settings. The first is the Apple settings and how to add this to your phone. Then there is a Windows version as well as an Android mobile phone settings. Follow the instructions below.
iPhone APN Settings
- Go to Settings.
- Then Select General
- Then Select Network or Cellular
- Finally Select Cellular Data Network.
|Cellular Data Option||MMS Option|
Also MMS Proxy: <blank>
MMS Max Message Size: <blank>
MMS UA Prof URL: <blank>
Click on the network Tab to save the setting on your phone.
Android APN Settings
Firstly Press Main
- Then Select Settings
- Then Select Wireless and Networks
- After that Select Mobile Networks
- Then press Select Access point Names
- Then Delete all APN’s in this section.
- Again Press Menu
- Now Press New APN
- Finally Enter the follow settings one for General Data . The other for MMS
See all the settings for your Android phone as follows:
|Name: ZA – MTN Web|
Also MMS Port:
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
Authentication Type: PAP
APN Type: default, suplPXT Messaging MMS:
Name: ZA – MTN MMS
Also MMS Port:MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
Authentication Type: PAP
APN Type: mms
Windows APN Settings
First you will need to Click on the App list click Settings and then click on Cellular. Secondly you should delete any existing APN Settings.
- Press “Add Internet APN”
- Press APN and type in internet
- Then press Username and type in <blank>
- Press Password and type in <blank>
- Press Save
- Then Press “Add MMS APN”
- Press APN an type in <blank>
- Press Username and type in <blank>
- Then press Password and type in <blank>
- Press WAP gateway (URL) and type in
- Press WAP gateway port and type in
- Then press MMSC (URL) and type in <blank>
- Press MMSC Port and type in
- Press Max MMS Size and type in <blank>
- Then press IP Type and select: IPv4v6
- Finally press Save
Note that the APN Settings for Android which is also explained on this website as well with pictures. Note also that the APN Settings for Windows is also explained. This as well as other mobile phone issues such as the how to Change Default Memory on the Asha 202. The Nokia 3310 Internet Settings has also been added. See also how to Hard Reset Sony Xperia C – C2305 as well.