The Nokia 215 Dual SIM Manual is much like the Nokia 215. Its a basic mobile phone from Nokia released in January 2015. For a basic phone the camera is very good for pictures however it has a small memory even for a basic phone. Maybe Nokia could increase the memory a bit so that more SMS’s can be saved. How about 10MB of internal memory on the next basic Nokia phone?
Table of Contents
Nokia 215 Dual SIM Manual
The Nokia 215 has only 2G access being GSM 900 / 1800 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 – RM-1110. Its a small phone that fits well in your pocket coming in at only 116 x 50 x 12.9 mm (4.57 x 1.97 x 0.51 in) in size with a TFT, 256K color 240 x 320 pixels (~167 ppi pixel density) screen. The phone holds a total of 1,000 entries in its phone book and comes with 8MB of internal memory. There is also a card slot for a microSD with up to 32 GB. for a budget phone the camera is good at VGA, 640 x 480 pixels with a basic camera ability at 240p@15fps.
Like other basic phones the Nokia 215 Dual SIM comes with the usual Vibration, MP3 ringtones, Bluetooth v3.0 and an FM radio. Note that there is no GPS on this phone.
You can use the link above if you wish to setup your internet or WiFi for the Nokia 215 dual SIM mobile phone. You will need to have your service providers network settings. See at the top fo the website page if you country has been listed in the APN settings.
Removing Private Content from Your Phone
If you get a new phone or want to recycle your old one, you can remove your personal information and content. Be aware of whether you’re removing content from the phone memory or the SIM card. Here’s how:
- To delete all your messages, go to Menu > Messaging > Options > Delete more > Options > Choose all.
- To delete all your contacts, go to Menu > Contacts > Options > Delete contacts > Options > Choose all.
- To delete your call info, go to Menu > Call log > Clear call log > All calls.
- Make sure all your personal content has been removed. Note that content and info stored on the memory card is not removed.
Restoring Original Settings and Removing All Content
To reset your phone to its original settings and remove all your data, type in *#7370# on the home screen. This will erase everything on your phone. Be careful with this step as it cannot be undone. Likewise also see the Nokia 2690 Manual.
Viewing Your IMEI Number
The IMEI number is used to identify phones in the network. You might need to give this number to your care point services or phone dealer. To view your IMEI number, dial *#06#.
Changing the Wallpaper
You can personalize your phone by changing the background of your home screen. Here’s how:
- Go to Menu > Settings > Display settings > Wallpaper.
- Choose a wallpaper you like.
Setting the Ringtone
Next, you can set a unique ringtone for your phone. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to Menu > Settings > Tones.
- Pick the Ringtone you prefer.
Using Predictive Text
To make typing faster, your phone can predict what you’re about to write. This feature might not be available in all languages. Here’s how to use it:
- Click on Options > Dictionary and choose the language.
- Start typing a word. When the correct word appears, press 0.
Changing a Word If you need to change a word, just press * repeatedly until the word you want appears.
Adding a New Word to the Dictionary In case the word you want isn’t in the dictionary, you can add it. Write the word, press * repeatedly to skip all unwanted words, select Spell, and type the word.
Switching Between Predictive and Traditional Text You can switch between predictive and traditional text by pressing # repeatedly.
Turning Off Predictive Text If you want to turn off predictive text, go to Options > Dictionary > Dictionary off.
Browsing the Web
Catch up on the news, and visit your favourite websites on the go. Here’s how:
- Go to Menu > Internet > Edit.
- Type a web address, and click OK. Remember, using services or downloading content, including free items, may cause the transfer of large amounts of data, which may result in data costs. If you want to avoid data costs, switch mobile data off. Go to Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Mobile data, and switch Mobile data connection to Off.