These are some of the basic settings for your mobile phone which you will use with the Nokia Asha 308. Note that there is a separate page for the Nokia Asha 308 hard rest as well as the Nokia Asha 308 backup which has been listed elsewhere on this website. Search this website for other issues such as APN settings.
Change the wallpaper
If you wish to change the wallpaper on your Asha 308 then you will need to go to settings and wallpaper and click on the folder as well as the photo you wish to use as your wallpaper on your mobile phone.
Change your profile ring settings
You can set your settings to ensure that you can change a profile in such as way that you can lower the ringtone of your phone in certain settings. This can be settings > tone profiles which will then set your mobile phone sound to a lower ringtone or none with a one click profile change.
Change your ringtone
Changing your ringtone on the Asha 308 mobile phone can be done with settings > tone profiles and then choose a ringtone. You can also browse the files to choose a ringtone which you had downloaded. Note that preset ringtones cannot be edited. You can however edit your custom ringtones on the mobile phone. When you select a ringtone it will ask if you what to “adjust the start and end points” click Yes if you want to edit the ringtone. Drag the bar to the left for the start and the other bar to the right for where you want it to end. Select the yes option and it will save the edited ringtone for you.
Call several people at the same time (Conference Calls)
You can make a connection between more than one person and you can do what is called a conference call. The following will be how to do this:
- You first have to make the first call
- While on the call you must select options > new call
- Dial the phone number, and then select CALL
- The first call is put on hold until you connect
- When you are connected, select options > conference
- You can add more calls to the conference
While having a conference call you can also place one person on hold and only speak to one person while the others on the hold. You can reconnect everyone again later. You will be doing it in the following way:
- Select options > private call and a number
- To connect to the conference again, select options > conference.
Forward calls to your voicemail / other telephone number
If you want to divert your calls to another telephone number when busy then this would be how to do this.
- Select settings > calls > call forwarding.
- Select which SIM to use.
- Select when to forward the incoming voice calls:
all voice calls, if busy, if not answered, if out of reach, if not available
- Select activate > to voice mailbox or to other number.
- If no answer you can set the length of time before the call is diverted.
Prevent making or receiving calls
You can block the phone from making or receiving calls. You will have to get your barring password from your mobile phone service provider. The setup is done as follows:
- Select settings.
- Select security > call barring service and an option.
Make calls quickly
You can setup your shortcuts on how to make a fast telephone call and you can then simply press and hold the number to make the call. The #1 is the default for the mailbox so you can use anything from#2 and higher.
- Select phone and > speed dials.
- Select a number key
- Type in the telephone number or search for a contact
Change the time and date
You can change your date and time on your Asha 308 by using the following steps. You can also setup your alarm in this manner.
- Select settings and date and time.
- Select settings > time zone
You will find more settings for the Nokia Asha 308 on this website and you can view these as the basic settings from the user manual of the Asha 308 mobile phone.