If you are looking for the Vodacom Mobile APN settings then see below. This is different to the Vodacom APN Settings which as also on this website. The Vodacom Mobile APN settings are also different to the Virgin South Africa APN settings as well as the MTN APN settings as you will on this website. These settings are also for the Android as well as the iPhone Apple as well as the Windows mobile phone operating system.
Vodacom Mobile APN Settings
The network settings for the IS Vodacom mobile phone has been added below. See the settings below for the Windows, Android and iPhone operating systems. Again ensure that you are on the correct page. This is the IS version settings and not the standard Vodacom settings.
iPhone APN Settings
- Go to Settings.
- Then Select General
- Then Select Network or Cellular
- Finally Select Cellular Data Network.
|Cellular Data Option||MMS Option|
Also MMS Proxy: <blank>
MMS Max Message Size: <blank>
MMS UA Prof URL: <blank>
Click on the network Tab to save the setting on your phone.
Android APN Settings
Firstly Press Main
- Then Select Settings
- Then Select Wireless and Networks
- After that Select Mobile Networks
- Then press Select Access point Names
- Then Delete all APN’s in this section.
- Again Press Menu
- Now Press New APN
- Finally Enter the follow settings one for General Data . The other for MMS
See all the settings for your Android phone as follows:
|Name: ZA – Vodacom (mobile.is.co.za) Web|
Also MMS Port:
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
Authentication Type: PAP
APN Type: default, suplPXT Messaging MMS:
Name: ZA – Vodacom (mobile.is.co.za) MMS
Also MMS Port:MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
Authentication Type: PAP
APN Type: mms
Windows APN Settings
First you will need to Click on the App list click Settings and then click on Cellular. Secondly you should delete any existing APN Settings.
- Press “Add Internet APN”
- Press APN and type in internet
- Then press Username and type in <blank>
- Press Password and type in <blank>
- Press Save
- Then Press “Add MMS APN”
- Press APN an type in <blank>
- Press Username and type in <blank>
- Then press Password and type in <blank>
- Press WAP gateway (URL) and type in
- Press WAP gateway port and type in
- Then press MMSC (URL) and type in <blank>
- Press MMSC Port and type in
- Press Max MMS Size and type in <blank>
- Then press IP Type and select: IPv4v6
- Finally press Save
You will note that this is different to the APN settings with the APN Settings for Apple as well as Vodafone India APN which are different. See those links if you are using Vodacom or Vodafone. See Vodafone Germany APN settings as well. Search this website for more information. Use the sidebar for the search facility. There are many APN settings as well as other ISP code you can use. Finally also see the APN Settings for Android if you do not understand how to add these settings.