Download the Nokia Lumia 525 Manual here. If you are looking for a mobile phone with dual sims then the Nokia Lumia 525 is not for you. Nokia did not add dual sim ability to this phone and many have already complained about having to have more than one telephone in the house. The phone however is not have bad.
Table of Contents
Nokia Lumia 525 Manual
Being part of the Lumia range offered by Nokia one can see that it was built with the same look as the others in the range. It comes with the standard 2G network ability being GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – RM-998. 3G abilities come also as standard with HSDPA 900 / 2100 – RM-998 ability. It does come with the usual bells such as a card slot for 64GB of data with 8GB internal storage.
With a 5 MP, 2592х1936 pixels autofocus camera and the ability to record video at 720p@30fps means your picture will not be choppy. Powered by the Qualcomm MSM8227 chipset and a Dual-core 1 GHz Adreno 305. It is a change from the Lumina 520 but with better overall specs. The phone also comes with GPS and support for GLONASS which is making ground globally as the Russian effort to corner the GPS market.
It has talk time of 17 hours, music play for 48 hours and standby time of 336 hours which is 14 days before it needs to be recharged. Below is the user manual for the Lumia 525. It easy to use and real value for your money.
Connecting Lumia 525 to PC
You can connect you phone to your computer by using the Nokia Suite Software on this website which you can download here. You can also use Windows Explorer which is much easier to browse you phone and transfer files.
First, go to the main menu. Then, click on Settings. Next, choose email & accounts. Add your account and sign in. After that, click on Contacts and Calendar, and make sure to uncheck Email. Now, your contacts will magically show up on your phone. You can also see them on the website if you want. But if you run into any issues, you can go back to the settings. For even more detailed info, you can check out the Nokia Lumia 525 user manual. Likewise also see the Nokia 114 Manual on this website.
You can move your contacts from another phone to your Nokia Lumia 525 using a few different methods:
1. Bluetooth Transfer: The easiest way is to connect both phones via Bluetooth. Then, use the contacts transfer option on your new phone to get your contacts12.
2. SIM Card Transfer: Export contacts from your old phone to a SIM card. Insert the SIM card into your new phone, and voila, your contacts are transferred1.
3. Nokia Suite for PC: If you have a computer, use Nokia Suite to transfer your contacts. Even though it’s no longer supported, you can find previous versions online1.
4. Phone Switch Option: On your Nokia phone, go to tools, then select settings. In settings, choose sync and backup settings, leading you to a sub-menu. Select “phone switch” and follow the given instructions. This method syncs both phones via Bluetooth, allowing you to transfer contacts, messages, and more2.
Remember, always back up your contacts before transferring to avoid any potential data loss. Likewise also see the Samsung Wave 723 GT Manual on here.
How do I copy contacts to my SIM card?
Sure, if you want to copy contacts to your SIM card on your Nokia Lumia 525, here’s what you need to do:
- Find the contacts you want to save and tap on them to see their details.
- Tap the three dots in the lower right corner, then select “copy to SIM”.
- Choose which contact information you want to save to the SIM card and confirm1.
But keep in mind, the SIM card has limits on the number of contacts and details it can store231. If you have many contacts or lots of details, it might be better to back them up to a cloud service or transfer them directly to your new phone.
How do I copy contacts from my SIM card to the phone?
Certainly! If you want to copy contacts from your SIM card to your Nokia Lumia 525, here’s how you can do it:
- Tap on People from the start screen.
- Tap the More icon.
- Then, tap Settings.
- Select Import SIM contacts.
- To import all contacts on your SIM card, tap Import. If you prefer to import specific contacts, tap Clear, select the contacts you want, then tap Import.
Remember, the number of contacts and details your phone can store might be limited. If you have many contacts or lots of details, it’s a good idea to back them up to a cloud service or transfer them directly to your new phone to avoid any issues. Likewise see the Nokia Lumia 720 User Manual on here as well.
Certainly! If you wish to remove contacts from your Nokia Lumia 525, here are the steps:
- Go to All apps/People and tap the “Check” icon located at the bottom right corner.
- Choose the contacts you want to delete manually by tapping on them.
- Tap the “Garbage basket” icon1 to delete the selected contacts.
- Click the “Three points” icon at the bottom right corner and then select the “Delete” icon1.
- Confirm your decision by clicking “OK” to permanently delete the contacts.
Please keep in mind that this action will remove the contacts not only from your phone but also, with some exceptions like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, from the social networking service where they are stored. If you need to delete multiple contacts quickly, you can log in to people.live.com on your computer using your Microsoft account and delete them there. Always remember to back up your contacts before deleting them to avoid any potential data loss.
How to send a message on Nokia Lumia 525
Absolutely, sending a message on your Nokia Lumia 525 is a straightforward process. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Messages App: Locate and open the Messages app on your phone.
- Create a New Message: Look for the add_circle button (usually a “+” icon) within the app. Tap this button to create a new message.
- Add Recipient(s): In the recipient’s box, type the phone number you want to send the message to. If you want to message a contact, start typing their name, and the app will suggest contacts. Tap the correct contact.
- Finalize Recipients: After selecting all the recipients, tap “done” or a similar option to confirm the recipients.
- Compose Your Message: Tap into the text box provided and write your message.
- Send Your Message: Once your message is composed, tap the send button (usually an arrow icon) to send your message.
It’s important to note that the exact steps might vary slightly based on the software version of your phone, so always refer to the user manual of your Nokia Lumia 525 for more detailed and specific instructions. If you’re using a specific messaging app like WhatsApp, the process might differ from sending a traditional SMS or text message.
Certainly! Here are the steps to add an attachment to a message on your Nokia Lumia 525:
- Open the Messages App: Start by opening the Messages app on your phone.
- Create a New Message or Open an Existing Conversation: You can either create a new message or open an existing conversation.
- Find the Attach Files Button: Look for the attach files button in the app.
- Browse Your Storage: After tapping on attach files, your phone will browse your storage.
- Select the File(s): Choose the file or files you want to attach from your storage. Ensure the total size of the files does not exceed 25MB, as this is the typical limit for most email attachments.
- Confirm Selection: After selecting the file, confirm your choice by hitting ok.
- Compose Your Message: Write your message in the text box.
- Send Your Message: Once your message is composed and the file is attached, tap send to send your message.
Remember, the exact steps might vary slightly based on the software version of your phone and the specific messaging app you are using. For more detailed instructions, it’s a good idea to refer to the user manual of your Nokia Lumia 525.
Here’s how you can change the ringtone on your Nokia Lumia 525:
- Connect Your Lumia to Your PC: Use a data cable to connect your Lumia phone to your PC.
- Locate Your Phone in File Explorer: On your PC, open File Explorer and find your phone in the sidebar.
- Access the Ringtones Folder: Within the “Phone” section, you’ll find a folder labeled “ringtones”.
- Drag and Drop Tunes: Drag and drop any tunes from your PC into the ringtones folder on your Lumia device.
- Disconnect Your Phone: Once you have added the desired tunes, disconnect your phone from the PC.
- Find the Track in Ringtone Settings: On your Lumia, go to the ringtone settings. You should see the newly added track under the “custom” list.
Please keep in mind that the exact steps might vary slightly depending on the software version of your phone. For more detailed and specific instructions, it’s advisable to refer to the user manual of your Nokia Lumia 525.
Here are the steps to pair a device with your Nokia Lumia 525:
- Access Settings: Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap on “All Settings.”
- Navigate to Bluetooth Settings: In the settings menu, find and tap on “Bluetooth.”
- Turn On Bluetooth: If Bluetooth is off, switch it on to enable the pairing process.
- Ensure Device is Discoverable: Make sure the device you want to pair with your Lumia 525 is set to be discoverable.
- View Available Devices: Your Lumia 525 will display a list of available devices for pairing.
- Select the Device: Tap on the name of the device you want to pair with your Lumia 525.
- Verify Passcodes: If prompted, check that the passcodes displayed on both devices match, and then accept the pairing request on both devices.
Please keep in mind that the specific steps might vary slightly depending on the software version of your phone. For more detailed and specific instructions, it’s best to refer to the user manual of your Nokia Lumia 525.
Sending a text message on a Nokia Lumia 525 is a simple process. Here are the steps:
- Access Messages: Press the message icon on your screen1.
- Create a New Message: Inside the Messages app, press the new message icon1.
- Add Recipient: Enter the recipient’s phone number or name in the “To” field.
- Compose Your Message: Tap the text field and type your message.
- Send the Message: Once you’ve composed your message, press the send icon to send your text message.
That’s it! Your message will be sent to the recipient you specified.
To check your message history on a Nokia Lumia 525, you can follow these steps:
- Access Messages: Press the message icon on your screen.
- View Conversations: Inside the Messages app, you’ll see a list of your conversations. Each conversation contains all the messages exchanged with a specific contact.
- Open a Conversation: Tap on a specific conversation to view the message history with that contact.
- Search for Messages: If you need to find a specific message, you can use the search feature:
- In the messaging app, swipe down slightly from the top of the screen to reveal the Search box.
- Enter the text you’re looking for in the Search box.
Please note that these steps are based on typical Windows Phone behavior, and the exact process might vary slightly depending on your phone’s software version.
To back up your messages on your Nokia Lumia 525, follow these steps:
- Access Settings: Swipe the home screen to the left and scroll down to tap on Settings.
- Navigate to Backup Settings: Inside Settings, go to Update & security.
- Select Backup: In the Update & security menu, select Backup.
- Enable Backup: Switch on the Backup toggle buttons to enable the backup feature.
- Access More Options: Tap on More options.
- Initiate Backup: Choose Back up now to start the backup process.
Your Nokia Lumia 525 data, including your messages, will now synchronize and back up to your Microsoft account.
Please remember that these steps are based on typical Windows Phone behavior, and the exact process might vary slightly depending on your phone’s software version. Likewise see also the Backup Contacts Nokia Asha 501 on here.
To restore your messages from a backup on your Nokia Lumia 525, follow these steps:
- Access Backup Settings: Tap on “Advanced,” and then select “Backup.”
- Initiate Restore: Tap on “Restore data,” and choose the Microsoft account that you used to back up your Nokia Lumia 525.
- Select Data Type: Choose the type of data you want to restore, such as Apps, Contacts, or Photos.
- Start the Restore: Tap on “Restore” and wait for the process to complete. This might take several minutes or longer, depending on the amount of data being restored.
Please keep in mind that these steps are based on typical Windows Phone behavior, and the exact process might vary slightly depending on your phone’s software version. Always ensure you have a backup before initiating a restore to prevent data loss. Likewise see the Copy Nokia 105 contacts from SIM.